Sunday, April 04, 2010

Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is Risen!

My Easter Celebration this year has been the most unique I’ve had in many years. I’m not interested in getting into dogma, theology and such (at least not in this post), but to just share my experience. I’ve celebrated the resurrection of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in many different church settings. I’ve gone to Catholic Mass, and I’ve participated in a Messianic Passover Seder Dinner. Thus far over my lifetime, I’ve mostly celebrated in a Protestant setting just after eating a hollowed out chocolate bunny for breakfast. ;)

Well, this year I attended my first Greek, and then Russian, Orthodox Church services. I was with friends in Hong Kong for an all day and night affair that started (well for me) about 1 in the afternoon with a late lunch at Outback Steakhouse. This was my first visit to a true chain restaurant overseas. It was a treat that’s for sure! Then we wondered through Hong Kong a bit before heading to the Greek service. After feasting on some absolutely INCREDIBLE food (love the Greeks and their food!), we headed to the Russian Orthodox Paschal service, which started at midnight (traditional time for this celebration). Then, following a 2-hour layover at a 24 hour McDonalds (waiting for the MTR in Hong Kong to open), a 2-ish hour trip back home (including crossing the border back into China)and a two hour nap, I headed to my own church fellowships’ Easter Celebration service here in Shekou. By the time this was all said and done, I had met, visited with and celebrated our resurrected Saviour with fellow believers in Jesus from Greece, Cyprus, India, Romania, Russia, Tajikistan, Hong Kong, Australia, South Africa, Mongolia, Italy, England, Myanmar, Philippians, Jamaica, Mongolia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and China. What a special way to celebrate such a sacred and holy day. It was truly full of His life!


Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is Risen! I hope you’ll enjoy some of the other beautiful ways to express this life-changing truth.

Afrikaans... Christus het opgestaan ; hy het waarlik opgestaan.
Greek... Christos anesti ; aléthos anesti.
Hebrew... !המשיח קם! באמת קם - Ha-Masiah qom ; be-emet qom.
Hindi... Massih jee uthha- hai ; va-stav me? vo jee uthha- hai.
Italian... Cristo è risuscitato ; in verità è risuscitato.
Japanese... ハリストス復活実に復活 - Harisutosu hukkatsu ; jitsu ni hukkatsu.
Khmer... Preah Christ mean preah choan rous leong vinh ; trung mean preah choan rous leong vinh men.
Malagasy... Kristy dia nitsangana tamin'ny maty ; eny efa nitsangana marina tokoa Izy.
Chinese... ハリストス復活実に復活 - Jidu fuhuo liao ; zhende, ta fuhuo liao.
Nepali... Isu masiah byujhinuvayo ; bastabma sachikai uha byujhinuvayo.
Filipino... Si Kristo ay nabuhay ; totoo ngang nabuhay.
Spanish... Christo ha resucitado ; en verdad ha resucitado.
Swahil...i Kristu amefufuka ; kweli amefufuka.
Thai... Pha Kristo Tiao klap pen kune m lèo ; ting ting phra tong klap pén kune ma.
Tibetan... Yeshu kyarsön chesong ; lakso chesong.
Turkish... Mesih dirildi ; gerçekten dirildi.

No comments:

Post a Comment