Thursday, February 03, 2011

A Journey Back...Forward - Part 1

Wow! It's been a very long time since I've spent time sharing thoughts, stories, experienc- es, recaps of special events and portions of life here at The Magruder. There is much to share about the last 8 months of life. As I embark on a journey back to mostly familiar places in Asia, along with a new land to be encountered, I hope to recap not only this trip but also give commentary to the last 8 months of life. My last post was Part 1 of a 2 part series. This last entry is poignant for me. It's like a representation of how life, as it was, froze in time. A process of chipping away at the ice (working through grief and towards acceptance of all that has happened) began...and continues. Now, I have this very real and tangible experience of being back where I got a tragic phone call and being present to where life, as I knew it, ended abruptly. Grief has been the journey of the last 8 months, and now more than all five senses as well as heart and mind will be engaged in a journey filled with the hope of reconciliation and greater acceptance of all that was, is and will be.

I do hope by the end of this trip, to finally post Part 2 of "Bus Driver". Hope to share the fun, deep, meaningful, silly, difficult, sad, redemptive, adventurous and...well all the different types of moments these next two weeks hold. Thanks for going on the journey with me!

2 comments:

  1. love you mags. i'll be watching daily for your deep, sweet, funny, profound, heartfelt updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen...you are a dear and wonderful friend to me! thank you for going with me on many a journey especially the crazy internal heart ones...

    ReplyDelete